Monday, February 20, 2012

Oh boys...

As I sat down to start writing this post, Gavin, who is sleeping in his swing, just let a ridiculously loud fart rip. I am out numbered by boys... Unless I can count Miss Kitty.

This week was a 72 for Ryan (three day weekend) because of President's Day. We got a little crazy and decided on a whim to drive up to Los Angeles. We have both been wanting to get tattoos for a while now and Ryan did a little research into the tattoo parlor that is featured on TLC's L.A. Ink called High Voltage. We decided to drive up and see if we could walk in to get our tattoos. Lucky us they had openings and we got our ink! Ryan got the Eagle, Globe and Anchor, which is the "logo" for the Marine Corps and I got Gavin's birth date in roman numerals. It was the first tattoo for both of us. I got mine on my wrist, and I'll tell you what, it hurt. The center of the tattoo hurt the most, it felt like he was dragging a needle through my skin...oh wait, he was. Ryan got his on the left side of his chest. Our artist did a great job, they both look really good!


These were taken right afterwards, so they are a bit red and still healing. I got mine in white ink, Ryan's is just black ink.

We stayed the night up in Hollywood, at the Renaissance Hollywood Hotel right off of Hollywood Blvd. It was cool, we could see the Hollywood sign from the hotel! We walked down the Walk of Fame, and saw the Kodak Theatre. It was really good to get away and do something just the three of us. Gavin did really well. He was a bit fussy when we got home, I think he was a little constipated. He was much better today. We had our family pictures done today, by a photographer we had met when we were in the hospital when Gavin was born. I am excited to see how they turned out! I can finally get birth announcements out!

This week will be very crazy for us! Gavin has his one month check-up, his cast removal and shoe fitting as well as his hip ultrasound. I also started back to work (extremely part time) and so I will be working and doing payroll while my boss is gone. Uffda. That is all I can think about when thinking about the rest of this week!

Here are a couple pictures of Gavin and our trip from this week:

No comments:

Post a Comment