Monday, July 23, 2012

Getting caught up!

Every single day I feel as though Gavin changes or accomplishes something new. Two days ago I feel as though Gavin made a huge milestone in sitting up. He can pretty much do it on his own, I wouldn't leave him sitting up without watching him because he still tips over occasionally, but while I am sitting there with him, we can play and I don't have to hold him up at all! It was literally overnight that he was able to do it! Another little milestone is him being able to fall asleep on his own. It's only been twice, so I don't want to hold him to anything, but hey at least it is something! This morning I was trying to get him to sleep for his normal 8:00am nap, and he just was fighting it trying to pretend like he wasn't tired. Well, I had to get ready to go and was really banking on him sleeping while I was getting ready, so I secured him on my bed and starting getting ready. He played for a few seconds with one of his toys, then a few seconds later I didn't hear the rattle in the toy anymore, I peeked over the pillow and sure enough, Gavin was sleeping. Not a fuss or anything, he was sleepy so he went to sleep. What a concept!!! So I tried again tonight. I rocked him a little bit, and then laid him down in his crib, and walked out. He fussed a little bit, but no actual crying. Then sure enough, about 10 minutes later he was out! Now, let's all keep our fingers crossed that this becomes a for sure thing!

Today, I met up with some friends in North Bend to hit the outlet mall. I was in desperate need of clothes. I have gotten a shirt here and there but I think it has been literally three years since I have actually gotten some productive wardrobe updates. I swear I have been wearing jeans that I bought in highschool. HIGHSCHOOL. That is what, 6 years ago? That's just sad. So, thanks to my amazing husband ;), I was able to finally get some new stuff, and I just can't wait for Gavin to poop, puke, or pee on it all, HA! Of course, I had a little fun shopping for that little bugger too! It felt so wrong to be shopping for 9months + clothing for him. I mean, he should still be in newborn clothes!!!!!! Overall, it was an amazing day. Silver lining of this deployment is that I am able to be within driving distance of most of my friends, especially my college friends who I don't get to see very often anymore.

Ryan is still doing good, though he is working really long hours and is tired. I can't imagine having to work 7 days a week and in that heat. He wasn't sure exactly how hot it was, but thought it was probably 110 at least. Gavin and I are able to talk to Ryan most mornings. It is so nice. We use a program called ooVoo, which is basically like Skype or Facetime. It apparent works the best in his location. The voice/sound has about a two minutes delay, which makes it very, very difficult to have a conversation. So mostly I set Gavin in front of the camera so his daddy can see him play and be cute, and then we end the video call and just use the chat function. That has been seeming to work the best. I believe that I mentioned this in the last post, but just in case I forgot, I do have Ryan's most recent mailing address if you would like to send him a letter or whatever, just let me know and I can get that to you. Also, his e-mail is rscrupps@hotmail.com if you just want to send him an e-mail! He is able to check that more regularly than facebook, I believe... The first group from Cali that went to Afghanistan have finally made it back to the states! These were the guys that Ryan and his group went to relieve. I am so happy that they are back, however I am so jealous because I want Ryan back too! Haha. Also- I just realized how hard it was for me to explain all of that without using military terms to make it easier to understand, ugh, what has being married to a Marine done to me!? My friend Sophia even noticed today that I use terms that make me stand out as a military wife...I thought I'd never see the day that would happen!
Gavin and Mommy checking out the baby pool in Odessa.

Gavin and his cousin Brynne, he was loving it!!

Don't be fooled by his scowl he was loving this!

Gavin and his new sitting up skills!

This was taken last week while we were getting set up for the wedding, Gavin and my friend Andrea were definitely a huge help. Actually, I think Gavin might have been the most helpful out of these two ;) Just Kidding!

No comments:

Post a Comment