This week has been a much slower pace which has been really nice! I have only left Odessa twice!
On Tuesday I went up to Spokane to get fingerprinted so that I could work at the school. I am going to substitute teach at the elementary and high school, which will be a very different experience but I think I'll like it! Before coming up to Odessa I knew that I wanted to find a job, part-time, just so I could feel like I was doing something and being productive. Don't get me wrong, I love that I am able to stay home with Gavin, but I also like to feel like I am contributing...after working basically since I was 15, it's very difficult not to. SO my last step to get my certification was to go up to Spokane and get fingerprinted at the ESD (a division of the Washington Superintendents office?) and so today turned in my application, hopefully I get some subbing jobs soon!
Gavin has been adjusting really well to his new boots. This time around has been MUCH more successful! They might delay his mobility slightly, but he is really getting around well! He is able to "Army" crawl from one side of the room to the other. Baby-proofing here I come!!
Ryan is doing very well. He recently switched shifts so that he is now on night crew. So far so good. Obviously it is hard to adjust and there are sleepless days/nights, but overall it sounds like he is enjoying working the nights a little more than the days. I believe this is because it is a little more relaxed during the nights than it was during the days. He says that they can work at their own pace and on their own time, which makes things much more enjoyable. We are nearly halfway through the deployment!
We are getting ready for Chris and Amber's wedding, which is in a few weeks! I got Gavin's outfit and it is SO AWESOME, I can't wait to put him in it. I'm pretty impressed with my idea, not to brag or anything...Mine on the other hand...we're still working on it...
I don't really have much to write about this week, as we have just been relaxing and finally taking a little break from running around! I'm not going to lie, I am already getting stir-crazy. I might need to go buy some art supplies and start crafting or start making my Christmas gifts for people because I am gonna go a little nuts! I have found that the only way I keep from going mad and missing Ryan is to keep extremely busy. When I don't have time to think about how much I miss him, the easier it is for me to deal with.
Well, anyways...that's been our week!
Here is a link to some pictures from this week...they are on facebook, but hopefully you should be able to view them even if you do not have a facebook account (if you can't, just let me know and I'll upload up onto here, my phone is just being a bit slow on the upload today).
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.707122868390.2109216.44903369&type=1&l=214a419b8d
And here are some pictures from last week: I went over to Tacoma for a Benefit Breakfast at WWEE and the smoke near Ellensburg was horrific. I couldn't believe how bad it was! These pictures don't even do it justice as to how bad it was.
Just west of Ellensburg near Indian John Hill.
Right before Canyon Road, you can hardly even see the town.
Who's sleepy? This boy!
Finally getting quite a bit of hair!
I couldn't remember if I posted this last week...Gavin's first football game!
No comments:
Post a Comment