Gavin's birthday was a lot of fun! My parents were visiting for the occasion, and one of my very good friends, Sarah, was here with her husband (they usually are living here at Pendleton, however he is currently deployed, and he was home on his R&R). I made Gavin's cake, and it wasn't nearly as cool as I had hoped a few months ago when I was going to go all Pinterest mom and create a masterpiece super hero ten-layer cake, but it still turned out really cute, at least I think! And Ryan's been eating on it for a few days now, so I suppose that is testimony to how it tastes... :)
We set Gavin up in his high chair, and Ryan and I brought out the cake. He was intrigued by the candle but more intrigued by the fact that we were all singing to him and all staring at him, waiting for him to eat. He wasn't really sure what to do at first, but eventually he got really into shoving the cake into his face, and even a little ended up in his hair.
On top of all of the Christmas toys, Gavin also got some fun toys for his birthday. From his Grandparents he got some iconic toys, the Little Tikes red and yellow car and a Radio Flyer wagon. He got some music makers (thanks Wuerls!) and lots of cards and well-wishes! He is a VERY loved little boy.
Every single day I am blown away by how smart Gavin is. He is 100% boy, he loves his cars and trucks and will start making his car sounds when they are mentioned, and you should hear them when he is playing....uh...CUTE! Even more than that, he LOVES books. He is constantly wanting us to read him books, preferably Daddy at this point. He will crawl over to his books, grab one, and then slide it all the way over to wherever you are sitting, and hand it to you. It is amazing. I've never seen a twelve month old do that. He is soooo close to walking. If only he had the confidence in himself to take those steps! He is walking with us holding his hands, but really he is doing it all on his own. He has a couple little cart/push toys that he walks along with, no problem. It will be any day now, really...
We are taking Gavin in for his one year check-up, and vaccinations. Wish us luck!!!
Also-as a side note. Ryan is on leave right now, so we are enjoying some quality family time at home, and also we have TERRIBLE phone reception at our house...so if we have seemed a little MIA these past couple weeks, those are our current excuses :)
I am going to do my best to get some pictures uploaded! We have some beach pictures (we have been soaking it up as much as possible!!), and birthday/birthday weekend pics!
No comments:
Post a Comment