So, there are obviously many ups and many downs for my kids being able to have a stay at home parent. As Gavin is getting into the toddler years and soon, *weep* into the preschool age I am getting more and more concerned with his social and brain/skills development. He gets a lot of 1:1 time with me and our family which is great, but he also doesn't have as much of a structure that he might get from a pre pre k daycare or Montessori type school. Ryan and I are both firm and united on the fact that kids should be kids as long as possible. I do not want Gavin to grow up and faster than he already is, but at the same time I do not want him to get behind, or not even that but not live up to his full potential. This is why I have been working on his at home "Tot School" program thingy.
I have been doing a ton of research on homeschool programs, Christian school programs, kindergarten requirements and pre school curriculums and have been having fun customizing it to meet our needs. I am in no way finished, still very much in the beginning stages of this but I figure it will satisfy my needs for a goal and organization and Gavin's yearn for learning in a way that is loosely structured but disguised as play and fun.
I'm excited to share what I come up with! And most importantly if I actually feel like it is working :) More to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment