Friday, August 29, 2014

Kjerstin 6months and other happenings!

I think the six month mark is the hardest to grasp at how fast the time flies. When you look at the six month clothing before the baby is born, you think, that is going to take a long time before he/she fits into that! That is half a year away....and then it just happens, bam, they are that size!

At six months, Kjerstin is SO freaking close to crawling. She has the "army" crawl down pretty well and uses that and rolling to get where and what she needs. She is a diva, a princess and a LIGHT sleeper. Uffda. I thought I was going to have it easy with her, but yeah, not so much. I was talking to Ryan today and I could come up with 3 nights that I know for sure that I have slept an entire night all the way through since BEFORE she was born. As you likely know from reading previous posts, pregnancy isn't easy for me and sleeping is definitely a huge factor in why it is so difficult. Probably from 20 weeks on or so, I haven't slept more that 3 consecutive hours (except those three nights) in over a year. I am exhausted. Yet, here I am, almost midnight, typing away. Anyways, I digress...Kjerstin so far is eating "solids" pretty well, she loves squash and sweet potatoes, wasn't a huge fan of prunes or peaches but they are pretty intense tastes. She has started "sleeping" and "napping" in her crib, which even though it isn't working out the best is a good move.

Gavin and Kjerstin share a bedroom, only due to the fact that the other fully functional bedroom is on the other side of the house and I am not keen on Gavin being that far away quite yet. Plus, it is nice to have a guest room (aka Gavin's office as he calls it). Well, since Kjerstin has been sleeping in with Gavin as well, both of their sleep has gone down hill a bit. This will be a learning curve for everyone. We'll see how long I last. I think the main thing is that it is hard to allow Kjerstin to cry and learn to self-soothe when I am worried about her waking Gavin up in the process.

Gavin is going great! He is just so smart. He uses full sentences and we can have full on conversations. He is understanding both his and other peoples emotions and that is fun to watch. He has been a much better eater as of late and loves the summer for all the fresh vegetables, specifically tomatoes. His newest craze is the movie Tarzan, and playing with his rather impressive train collection.

A little update on our puppy Odin...he spent the night at the vet last night due to some kind of bacterial infection. We aren't exactly sure how he contracted it but the poor thing was puking and not eating/drinking. The vet kept him overnight to pump him with fluids. Odin does not like the vet. He is the biggest scaredy cat I have EVER seen. He literally gets nervous and pees every time we go to the vet. It is quite the experience...I don't even want to know what it is going to be like in 2-3 weeks when I take him in to get fixed. Oye....But he is doing much better now and we were able to pick him up this morning and boy was he so happy to see us! Ryan and I both mentioned to each other that we had no idea how attached we were to him until he was gone and we were both so worried for him! I hated the thought of him being in a cage overnight all alone without his family! It kept me up all night just thinking about him.


No comments:

Post a Comment