Sunday, August 28, 2011

20 Week Update

How your baby's growing:

Your baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. He's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel — the length of a banana. (For the first 20 weeks, when a baby's legs are curled up against his torso and hard to measure, measurements are taken from the top of his head to his bottom — the "crown to rump" measurement. After 20 weeks, he's measured from head to toe.)
 ____________________________________________________________
Well, we have officially made it half-way (give or take a little bit). We have our 20 week appointment on Tuesday at 9:00am where we will get a sonogram, and hopefully find out the sex. I was given the wrong date and thought it was Monday, so now it feels like torture to have to wait a whole entire extra day! The baby has been pretty active, especially in the mornings and evenings. I keep trying to have Ryan feel, but as soon as he is there to feel the baby gets shy. Of course. He has felt a couple kicks though, and there are plenty more to come. 

I've been feeling pretty good, but I am having a heck of a time sleeping. It is a horrible combination of being uncomfortable, not being able to sleep on my stomach, having to pee every 30 minutes, and just being restless. I spend about 1/2 of the night on the couch,  the other 1/4 in bed and the other 1/4 in the bathroom, hahaha. 

Here is a 20 Week Picture:
 I have two things to add about this: 1.) Uh! I need to go clean our mirror! 2.) I have started to completely dread taking these pictures, so I cannot promise another one until I fell like I actually look pregnant and not fat and bloated. And I'm pregnant, so you can't argue with me about it :) hehehehe.

Ryan and I have been having fun at looking at baby onsies. I found this one, which I am going to buy because we both thought it was hilarious:
 

It is a joke for the Rifle Man's Creed, which is a Military thing...we couldn't figure out if it is just Marines or not?

(more to come...Ryan had something written, but blogger is being super dumb and it deleted it, so I'll have him re-write in a little while)

No comments:

Post a Comment