Monday, September 26, 2011

24 Weeks and Travel/Fun Updates

We are already at 24 weeks, and I just can't believe it. There are roughly 16 months left, and to be honest, I am getting super nervous. I am really excited to meet our little guy, but at the same time I don't know what to do with an infant! I am going to be somebody's mother?! Now that thought alone is enough to scare anyone. I am not the type of person that likes to not know what I am doing, so this whole parenting thing is going to be...interesting... :) We have a doctor's appointment tomorrow for our 24 week check-up and this time, I am going to be prepared with my list of questions. Usually I go and I am so overwhelmed I don't even know where to start, but not tomorrow! I'll post another update to let everyone know how it goes.
 
It has been a VERY, VERY busy two weeks! I am so excited for everything to settle and slow down a bit. I just got back from Montana last night, around midnight. I went up to Havre, MT to go to a very good friend's wedding. 

Sadie asked me to be a bridesmaid in her wedding and I was so honored! We grew up together, and some of my earliest memories include her and her family. She was one of my first friends when we moved to the hi-line, and even though we have been living a long way from each other, whenever we get together, we are giggly little girls as though no time has passed at all. Her and her now husband, have two little boys, Hunter and James (Jimmy) who are roughly 3 yrs and 1 yrs of age. When Ryan and I move back to Odessa, I think it will be fun to visit them as often as possible so our kids can be good friends, too! Sadie was one of the most beautiful brides I have ever seen, I am convinced she could be in a bridal magazine :)

My Aunts, Shannon, Sandy and Janet as well as Janet's mom Carol all got Ryan and I some baby gifts! I will add pictures later, but they found the cutest clothes! I was getting a kick out of the little University of Montana Griz overalls, they are TOO cute! (Pictures to come!).
I didn't too many photos of the weekend, but here are a couple of the wedding and my travels too and from:

 Mmm, Ugly burgers!



 They don't call it Big Sky Country for nothing! This was taken above Great Falls, MT





Also, from last week, I don't think I mentioned in my last post that my best friend from Odessa, Sara, and her boyfriend came up to visit. They had tickets to watch WSU play against San Diego State and it worked out that I could spend time with them as well! Well, a few months ago, Adam shared that he was going to propose to Sara while they were down here! He proposed last Friday and I am SO happy for them! I can't wait for their wedding next July! 2012 is going to be an epic year, that is for sure!!! 

Speaking of weddings...Ryan and I are still waiting to set a date for ours until we find out his deployment status. Things are very up in the air right now and keep changing every 30 seconds. Hopefully we will find out soon and can choose a date!

No comments:

Post a Comment