Sunday, November 20, 2011

8 months....only a little over 1 to go

We have our next doctors appointment on Wednesday, and I assume that from here on out we will be going either every other week or even once a week. I wish we could get another ultra sound but I don't think they do that until the last week or so, if at all. The baby has been good, as far as I can tell, and has been as active as ever. I think he is the most active at night, sometimes it will either wake me up, or keep me from sleeping. I've been having a difficult time sleeping, mostly because I have to either move around so much, which is getting more and more difficult, or because I have to wake up to pee every 1 to 2 hours (seriously 6 times a night at least...). Bending over is getting to be a challenge, and I was laughing at myself trying to tie my shoes this afternoon. On the bright side though, I have been able to feel the baby's feet and knees pushing out which has been really cool and slightly weird and Ryan has been able to feel more movement as well. I can't believe we are going to be parents in just over a month, it is so surreal.

Ryan and I went to the Marine Corp Ball last night which was at the Disneyland Hotel in Anaheim, CA. We drove up with a couple of Ryan's friends. It was a celebration of the Marine Corp Birthday, they had a ceremony and a couple speeches and then a "fancy" catered dinner. It was nice to meet a lot of the people that Ryan works with and fun to get dressed up for the night, although my feet still hurt from the heels I was wearing...I guess that's what I get for being 8 months preggo and wearing 3 1/2 inch heels for 7 hours.

 Ryan and I at the cocktail hour at the Marine Corp Ball on 11/19
 Saying that I am married isn't really weird to me anymore, but being a Mrs. is....
(More pictures from the ball and more can be found here.)

We are heading up north for Thanksgiving, which we are both SO FREAKING excited about. Although, before we leave I suppose I should begin packing up our apartment a little bit (insert my sarcastic excited face here). We move into the new place on the 1st, luckily it's only across the parking lot, so we won't have to pack up the entire apartment as we can just carry most of the stuff as is. The two best things I can think of moving are a.) finally getting to set up a nursery and b.) getting the hell away from our freaking neighbors and their yippy f-ing dogs; the neighbors who live in one-bedroom just like us, but have at least 6 people living there, who have at least three dogs, who slam their doors and decide to be loud starting at 8pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment