Sunday, November 27, 2011

Baby Shower & 33 Weeks *Important Note*

First of all, thank you to everyone who attended, planned, and/or sent gifts to Ryan and I for our baby! We are so thankful, to have so many amazing people in our lives! The only thing I regret is not being able to say hello and/or talk to everyone who came!

I actually didn't get any pictures from the baby shower, so hopefully anyone who did can send them to me? I stole this one from Ryan's mom, Sue! (Thanks Sue :) )

Ryan and I before the Baby Shower, he only stayed for a few minutes, he was a brave man to even enter that room in the first place!

Ryan and I will be moving apartments on Thursday/Friday, so we will be in #21 instead of #70, as an FYI. If you have already shipped something, let me know and I will keep my eye out for it to make sure that we get it! I am going to set up mail forwarding at the post office, and will look into if UPS does something similar to make sure we get all our bases covered.

The past week went by pretty well, we had a minor "scare" I guess on Wednesday when we went to our 32 week checkup. My blood pressure was very high, so after checking it a couple times at the clinic they decided that I needed to go over to Labor & Delivery at the hospital to be monitored. Our doctor wasn't very optimistic about us being able to travel for Thanksgiving and warned us that this might mean bed rest...Of course, this didn't help my blood pressure any and I was immediately in tears. Ryan, being the amazing guy that he is, remained calm (one of us has to right?) and drove us over, called my mom, and kept saying everything was going to be fine. He was 100% right because by the time I was hooked up to the external fetal monitor and BP monitor, my levels were completely normal. The kept me for about an hour or so, took some blood work and monitored my blood pressure and the baby's heart rate periodically. In fact, by the time we were about to leave, I was so relaxed that the alarms were going off on the monitor that my blood pressure was too low. When the blood work came back normal, I was released and given permission to travel, with the expectation that I would come back to the clinic for a follow-up appointment as soon as I get back.  Whew!

Hopefully by this time next week I will have a couple of nursery pictures and new apartment pics to share! I am not looking forward to moving but I am looking forward to set up and put away all of our fun new baby stuff! 

No comments:

Post a Comment