Monday, December 12, 2011

35 Weeks

We are getting into the last stretch! Yesterday marked 35 weeks, and based on ultra sound measurements we might be closer to 36 weeks. I've been closely monitored because of my high blood pressure and was "diagnosed" with gestational hypertension (high blood pressure while pregnant), which I am taking medication for. The main thing that they are watching for is preeclampsia, so I have a list of symptoms to be on the watch for and was told if I get any of them to call right away. So on Saturday, I woke up with a really bad headache (symptom #1) that I couldn't get to go away. Throughout the day my hands and feet started to swell a little bit (symptoms #s 2 & 3) so decided to call the doctor and was advised to go into labor and delivery at the hospital...again...

I do not know a ton about preeclampsia, but what I do know is that they will deliver you pretty much immediately if you are diagnosed with it after 33 weeks. Being 35 weeks, I started to panic a little bit thinking that there might be a chance of having the baby! Ryan and I looked in the nursery and hardly anything is set up, the crib wasn't put together, none of the clothes have been washed, we don't have any diaper wipes, basically we had an "oh shit" moment. So Ryan hustled and put the crib together while I packed my bag for the hospital (just in case they decided to keep me). We headed out and I was admitted and my first blood pressure reading was pretty high at 159/90, I was readjusted and then all my readings from there on out were close to 136/69, etc. So luckily that stopped a lot of the alarms because I wasn't running constant high blood pressure numbers. I am on medication to regulate my blood pressure, so it was strange that I would have that high of a reading to start with, so who knows why that happened. After just an hour in the hospital, they decided to discharge me and was instructed to go to the doctor this week (which we have an appointment for Wednesday anyways). I have an icky feeling that they are going to try to get me on bed rest, which would be like a death sentence to me, but we'll just have to wait and see!

I have fully entered into nesting mode and have been working really hard at getting things ready in the nursery. Last night I washed most of the baby clothes, sorted and hung them by size color coded by hanger. I assembled a baby bath and put away blankets, extra sheets, etc. 

So I leave you with these:


Our crib! I plan on moving it to the other wall. Or...correction, I plan on having Ryan move it to the other wall :)

Yeah, we might have a problem on our hands...For some reason I don't think that Miss Kitty will adjust very well to the baby...

Ugh. I can't believe I am even putting any pictures up here, I feel like a whale. But here is my 35 week picture. Uhm, enjoy? 

Rather than copying and pasting from the babycenter.com which I usually do, I can tell you that the baby is now about 20 inches long and weighs about 5 1/2 to 6 lbs. Crazy!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment