This past week was very interesting filled with another trip to the hospital, lasting only an hour to be sent home, high blood pressure, really low blood pressure, bed rest, no bed rest....uff da!
At our appointment on Wednesday, my blood pressure was high again, so they sent us over to the hospital to be monitored. Same thing, as soon as I got there everything was fine and they sent us home. This time the doctor didn't want me to go back to work until after I saw her and scheduled another appointment for Friday. On Friday my blood pressure was fine and I was given the go ahead to go back to work. I am pretty sure that my raised blood pressure was mainly stress related and also high due to the fact that I hate our doctors office...the staff there are so dumb and there is always something wrong with our scheduled appointment time. Anyways, I am considered high risk at this point, regardless to how accurate I think that is, and I can only schedule appointments with an actual doctor (no Nurse Practitioners for me) and will be going in every week from here on out.
I've started feeling Braxton Hicks contractions, and have been increasingly more uncomfortable....definitely feeling 8 months pregnant that is for sure. The baby is probably about six pounds now and over eighteen inches long. He is head down, thank goodness! He is still positioned really high, and hasn't dropped yet, so hopefully he gets on that. He has also been favoring my left side and is balled up towards my left lung. Silly baby.
I have been dreaming of all the things I get to do once again once I am no longer pregnant, like sleep on my stomach, easily get up, put on clothes without sitting down first, eat anything without being worried about heartburn....just like the good ole' days.
We've made some progress in the nursery, I'll try and post some pictures later!
The last few weeks is always the hardest : ) I got lucky and had Jim at 37 1/2 weeks. I can't wait to see Gavin! He's gonna be so darn cute! Hang in there! You're almost officially a mom!
ReplyDelete