Just to start out -
We are NOT having twins. It would be very cool, and amazing, however after four ultrasounds, I feel confident in the fact that it is just ONE baby.
Now that we have that out of the way...
24 weeks. 6 months. We are SIX months along already! WOW! It still seems so far away when you think 24 weeks out of 40, but when you think SIX months, it seems like we have very little time left! We are a month over halfway, and that is pretty crazy! I go back and forth between hoping I would wake up and it would be February 25th, so I would only have one more day left of being pregnant, to wishing I was still only just starting my second trimester. (Notice how I didn't want to start at the beginning again...) I am still feeling pretty good, however slowly but surely the remaining symptoms of pregnancy are adding up. I am getting achy, and I can feel my ribs expanding. I feel like expanding ribs is a sort of torture the terrorists would use, it is just as horrible as it sounds. I also realize that I am not a very good advocate for pregnancy! So on that note, I'll share a couple things, pregnancy related, that have been awesome.
This baby is a MOVER. He/she is kicking and moving around all the time. I love it, there is no other experience or way to describe it. Yes, some say it is freaky, and in a sense it kind of is, but it is a miracle and beautiful. I love dreaming about what the baby is going to look like, whose traits he/she will take and if he/she will have Gavin's attitude and personality. I know they will be different, but in what ways? It's fun to imagine them growing up together and I hope that they are best friends. I knew that keeping the baby's sex a surprise would be difficult, but I never knew how much I would love it. This is the one and only true secret and surprise that the world has to offer and having that to look forward to is incredibly amazing. All of these things outweigh every single negative pregnancy symptom you could ever have.
In other news, each year for the Marine Corps Birthday, each Battalion hosts a Marine Corps Ball. The ball for 9th Comm is on Saturday, so I will be pregnant in heels once again for a fun evening of watching a ton of Marines get tanked! Haha! I am excited to get dressed up, and have a night celebrating with friends. We are going with some good friends and I think we are sitting with some fun people, so it should be fun! The ball is being held in San Diego at one of the hotels in Fashion Valley. I hope we have a better time than we did a few years ago! Gavin will be staying home with his "Sasah" (my friend Sarah, who is loves). So we get a child free evening! I'll post pictures as soon as I can!
No comments:
Post a Comment