Saturday, March 17, 2012

2 Months

Well, we have come and past the two month mark! We've been pretty busy, so I haven't had much time to update the blog, sorry!

Gavin has been growing like a weed! I swear he feels pound heavier, and is finally starting out grow the newborn size clothing and is solidly wearing 0-3 months! He is so much more alert and really focuses on us and objects. He absolutely loves the kitchen. Everything about it, it's hilarious. He is really smiling a lot and starting to attempt giggling. It is the cutest thing EVER. Nights are starting to get a little bit better, if for nothing else because we have a routine down. He starts his "nights" at around 7:30 or 8 and wakes up to eat around 11 or so, and then will sleep until 5 or 6:00am. It's pretty nice, though it still doesn't work out for the best sleep for me...

It has been a pretty hectic month here in the Scrupps household. We found out that Ryan is on a list to deploy sometime late spring/early summer. This news wasn't extremely shocking, but that didn't make it any easier to hear...Obviously, this could still change, and most likely will several times. As of now, it would be a six month tour in Afghanistan. This brought on many different topics to discuss two of the main ones being 1) My job and 2) What Gavin and I would do while he was gone. With the prices of fuel and daycare (bringing Gavin to work wasn't the most efficient way to get stuff done) I decided to sit down and calculate what I would actually be making after those two items and my own personal bills. I would be lucky to make money. If fact, I would almost be be paying to work. Uh, no thanks.. Which brings us to item number two, we decided that Gav and I would move back up to Odessa. So in the past week, I gave my notice to work, and have started mentally preparing myself for a deployment.

I am bummed that Ryan will be deploying, but at the same time I know that it is to be expected, this is our life, and we both knew this was part of it going in. I know that Ryan wants to go, because what is the point of joining the Marines and not ever getting a chance to deploy? I want that for him too, I want him to have that experience. Obviously he doesn't want to leave us and I don't want him to go, and I will worry like crazy and probably give myself an ulcer or two...it's just complicated. So that's where we are at, we are preparing for our lives to be shaken up and I am preparing to move. AGAIN. Ugh. Uffda. Gross. Lame. What I really want to do is insert a ton of expletives, but I'll try and be family friendly, however, once I am in the actual process of moving, no promises. I despise moving, and this will be my 11th move since 2006.

Here is the part I know that you are all really here for! Photos!

You can really see the difference already!
Chillin' in the Moby Wrap (a gift from my cousin Ronda, and it is a LIFE saver for me because he is super needy and wants to be held all the time, and this way I can actually get stuff done! It's like getting an extra two arms!)
Can you spot the baby? Once Ryan leaves for work in the morning, like clockwork, Gavin wants to sleep with me and won't sleep another 20 min in his bassinet. Little stinker.
Baby toes! Don't you just want to eat them! (When Sophia was down here visiting we talked about how strange that expression is. Seriously, why is it that when you see baby toes your first reaction is to say you want to eat them?...These are the things I think about.)
Yay! I'm a big boy with my big boy jeans!
Sittin' in the bumbo.
His favorite place to sleep, on his mama.
This cracked me up the other night. Look at his arms and hands. HAHAHA, what a silly boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment