Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Letter to Gavin: No. 2

Dear Gavin,

The last letter I wrote to you, you were 25 weeks old, well, technically speaking, I was 25 weeks pregnant :)

I still want to pinch myself sometimes, to see if this has been a dream and you are really here. Today, I was looking at you, and I thoUght to myself: I don't want to forget one second of this. Of you, of every sound you make, face you do, cry you wail.

You are now three months old. You have changed so much since you were born! You now have hair on the top of your head (your daddy feels much better about this and is less paranoid about you getting his hairline), you smile all the time, you are about 4 lbs heavier and 5 inches longer! You giggled for the first time two weeks ago, and you still don't seem to recognize that Miss Kitty exists. You sleep through the night! In fact, the other day you slept for 12 hours. I wasn't sure weather to do cartwheels or call the doctor...You make the most adorable noises. You squeal when you are excited, and you coo and make agoo sounds. When you see daddy, you get SO excited, you wiggle and little bit and then give him your huge mouth open grin. He gets you so riled up, and you love that he mimics your baby coos, and you repeat them back to him. I love how I get your softer side, your little coos, because those make up for the screaming in my ear, and the poop from your exploding diaper.

My whole world revolves around you, and I love you more than I could ever put into words. You are our little boy, and I just want you to stay little forever! I know that can't happen, so, I will make sure to write down all these little memories, so that we will always have them, and I will never forget the little things. I love you, man cub! Happy three month "birthday."

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment