Monday, March 25, 2013

Gavin's Milestones...

I am waiting for a rather large file to download for my photo editing class, so I figured while I waited I would make a post of some of the new things Gavin is doing and learning.

We have finally turned the corner in his "talking!" Whenever I would say, "Gavin, say, ball..." he would look at me, watch my lips/mouth and then just stare at me. But now, I can see the wheels a turnin' in that little head of his. He tries to say certain sounds/words. He particularly likes the "B" words and really tries to say, ball, bear, baba (bottle - which yes, he is still on...). He recently starting saying "caw" for car, I think he will have some issues with his "r's" if he is anything like I was. He also says, "cawcaw" for birds. So cute. We have Kodey to thank for that one..haha! I've noticed he uses "mama" for a lot of different things but they all have a different tone, level or motion that goes with them to different from each other. For example...when he wants a bottle, he will say 'mama' while standing by the kitchen and his whole body will dip a little bit on the second 'ma'. I think he also uses 'mama' for 'want' when he wants something, it's a 'ma-ma'. I am just loving this age, all the learning and how quick his brain seems to grasp things!

He walks and is now pretty much running. He still falls and faceplants when he is super excited, which luckily we haven't had any accidents. I'll probably stop laughing when we have some blood drawn, but until then, I love his awkwardness. He loves to go up the stairs like a big boy. Which is holding our hands and literally taking each stair like we would, one leg, one stair. None of this one at a time double step thing. Luckily he realizes that he needs us in order to do this. Gavin is a mover. He is ALWAYS moving. He literally paces our house, walks back and forth from one end to the other. Carries toys back and forth. He is always on the go! He will only stop to dance. I'm not even kidding. HE LOVES TO DANCE! I'll try and upload some good videos to share one of these days. (my phone is charging otherwise I would do it tonight).

Today was a big day for Gavin. He was finally eating with a spoon on his own. Because we have carpet where our table is, I have been holding off on letting him just go for it because I don't want to be cleaning up a huge mess..awful I know, but hey, Jack, you pick your battles (as Si would say). He was so proud of himself, and it was so cute!

Well, I think that this download is almost done!! Hopefully I will be back soon to post pictures and videos!


No comments:

Post a Comment