Friday, March 22, 2013

Greetings from the Scrupps' Clinic


We have been suffering through colds for the past week or so! We're talking like, when I wake up coffee doesn't even sound good kind of sick...anyone who knows me knows that *this*is*sewious! (A little Wonder Pets! reference for those who have Nick Jr. on their TV.) Last Thursday I finally decided that Gavin was beyond home remedies and that we should take him to the doctor. The night before his fever was up to about 100-101 and though we were able to get it down, it kept creeping back up. The doctor informed us that he had a double ear infection and upper respiratory infection. We were given some ammoxocillon and ibproffen which has been working it's charm. It's now been a week and though the cold still lingers, it is MUCH better. Also, Gavin is sleeping more than 40 min in a row, so if that tells you anything! He actually has been sleeping so much better, we have even had a couple nights where he slept through the night. 

In other news, Ryan was awarded with NCO (non commissioned officer) of the Quarter for 9th Communications Battalion. I am so proud! Basically it says that his higher ups notice and appreciate his hard work as an NCO. This award will go up and he will compete for a more broad spectrum, and I will keep you posted on how that goes! Ryan is going to have a very busy couple months, he is going to requalify at the rifle range which is a few weeks and then he is going to be taking a MCMAP instructors course, which is the Marine Corps Martial Arts (Program?) I am not sure what the P stands for...Once he passes that he will be a Martial Arts Instructor, up to a certain level (Green Belt I believe). Then he will be off to something called the Corporals Course which teaches Marines how to be good NCOs. The course covers A LOT.

(This photo will be hanging on the wall in the Company and Battalion offices)
 
I've been keeping pretty busy, with sick, staying up at night with Gavin and then also watching our little friend 'P' twice a week. That has been going great. Gavin has already made leaps and bounds of improvement in playing with others. He no longer chucks toys at 'P' well, not as often anyways. I was talking to my friend Sara and telling her that I was thinking about getting a little more serious about photography, I've been having a lot of fun with our new camera. She found a Digital Photography Certification Program where once completed you get a certification as a Professional Digital Photographer. The program offers both in and online classes, and it was being offered for a STEAL. I mean, we are talking I saved over $1300.00 on this! So I am registered for a Digital Photography Class as well as Adobe Photoshop for photo editing. I am SO excited! I have already finished one course (of many) and have learned quite a bit about my camera, and digital cameras in general. I am hoping that a. I can just use our camera to it's fullest potential and take great pictures of Gavin and b. *eventually* get good enough at it to maybe start my own photography business. We shall see!!




1 comment: