Friday, August 16, 2013

11/12 Week Update

Here we are again, with our weekly pregnancy updates! This is the last few days of our 12th week, and it seems like time is already flying! As I mentioned earlier, this time around I haven't been feeling well, and seem to have every possible symptom I could have. Well, not TOO much has changed however I have had some relief from a prescription for nausea and then taking different prenatal vitamins at night instead of in the morning. Our midwife suggested taking two children's chewable vitamins instead as they provide the same nutrients as a prenatal vitamin so I have been doing that. Overall it's helped, however it has had a weird side effect...You know how you always hear about weird food cravings/diversions(?) (I'm not sure if that is the right word, but food you used to like all of a sudden seems repulsive) and also how certain food gives you a weird taste in your mouth even though it has to be completely in your head because there is no way it could possibly taste like that? Well, with my vitamins, the after taste that I get tastes the way that raw meat juice smells. So for like 45 minutes after taking my vitamins, I am wanting to vomit because all I can think about is raw red meat and chicken juice in my mouth. NASTY RIGHT?

Luckily it goes away, and I feel much better throughout the day! I would much prefer that to feeling like throwing up literally 17 hours of the day! I feel like I am slowly getting some energy back, and I am sure that has a lot to do with not feeling quite as sick. I am hoping that each week will get a little bit better! I am starting to show a little bit, but it's probably still only noticeable to me. I feel way to bloated in my jeans so I whipped out the maternity ones and the leggings...oh joy!!! Actually, I don't mind them too much, it's almost like wearing sweats because they are pretty comfortable.

Gavin and I are finally over our colds, thank goodness!!! Ryan just finished up on the rifle range, and is doing well also! Not too much else to update...

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I love reading pregnancy updates. Hope all the sickness goes away soon! Charlotte made me sick until 20 weeks! But...although it may be a wives tale, I've heard that severe morning sickness is common with girls. Cross your fingers!

    ReplyDelete