Thursday, August 22, 2013

13 Weeks and Potentially More Than You Probably Want To Read...

Just a heads up, I'm feeling rant-y tonight. I'll try and keep it like the news and have the important and interesting things in the beginning and then you can skip to the end, there might be pictures.

First things first...pregnancy update:

13 weeks this week, going on 14! I have been slowly feeling better and better each day. I can feel my energy building and my overall sickness seems to, though a little slower, fading as well. My nausea prescription, is amazing. I would marry it if I wasn't already married...Tonight, I had my first "drop everything and go get it by whatever means necessary" craving. It was for Starbursts candy. Luckily I have an amazing husband who obliged and took us to go get them at like 8:15pm tonight, haha! Our next appointment is in the second week of September, and by then we will be in the second trimester already.

Gavin and Ryan are both doing well. Gavin is just getting so smart it is unbelievable. His brain is a little sponge and for the first time he repeated a word that I use frequently. I know you are all soooo curious on what that is! Kay, I'll tell ya.

It's "Kay." Instead of Okay, I usually just say Kay, and I must say it quite a lot because Gavin has started saying it. It is so cute! Of all things to repeat, that is probably the best, HAHA! He is so funny.

He is also still loving the word "no." We will ask him a question, and he will "think" about it and then just say "NO!" He is communicating better and better each day, he wants to talk SO BAD! He will say a "sentence" even though is jibberish, he says the same thing/sound each time for whatever it is he is trying to say. Lord knows what that is, but Gavin does I guess! He has been singing a lot which is cuter than cute, I have yet to catch it on video though! He also does this weird thing, he sing/yells/says, "Ohhwisssahhhhhhhhhhh!" and during the "ahhhhh" part his mouth is wide open and he sort of sign/yells it and shakes his head. It is hilarious, and I have no idea what he is doing or trying to say or sing.

I watch another little boy twice a week, I know I have briefly mentioned it. Well, Gavin has been picking up some not so pleasant habits of his...When this other little boy doesn't get his way, he throws himself to the floor and pouts, and Gavin started doing that this week. Gavin is going to be up for a rude awakening when he realized that kind of behavior is not going to get him very far in life. It will get him from his little spot on the floor, to his little spot on the corner. This other little boy whines when he doesn't get his way or when Gavin steals his toys (somewhat justified whining...) I HATE pouting, and I hate whining. So, unfortunately, this has been a little bit of a rough week in the learning curve for Gavin. I know that he is just modeling behavior he sees from the other boy and he doesn't realize necessarily he is being naughty, but he soon will.  As a side note, I will say that this other little boy is not a bad boy at all, he is very sweet and as well mannered as a three year old can be! He has some speech issues and isn't talking at all yet, so I know that also has a lot to deal with his behavior, it is hard when you can't physically say why you are mad or what you are mad at. So I get it, Gavin however, can (mostly) so his excuses aren't quite as justified, HAHA!

Ryan has been busy at work as usual, he is finally back in his shop and has been working later than usual which sucks. I feel like I hardly see him! It could be much worse though, and I need to count my blessings.







Ok, well, I guess I am getting to tired to go on much more from here...Here are a couple of the things that are on my mind, however lucky you, I am too tired to get into. I just need a little rant because they are bothering me in the news every day...

Manning: I not care about his gender identity, he can figure that out on his own time. Our government does not need to pay for his hormone medications. That is something HE can pay for on HIS time. For now, he is going to pay for the crimes that he committed against our country. He is a traitor who committed treason. His gender identity is the least of our problems. The real problem is that he was only sentenced 35 years. For aiding our enemies?!?!!?!? Even though this was a while ago, what if this information could have hurt my husband, or our brother. That shit is not forgivable and you better freaking believe that his gender identity issues is not a worthy excuse for what he has done. Stepping off soap box.

ObamaCare: I am literally reading the actually bill, and it is horrible. HOW? WHY? WHO? Do we have animals writing and passing our bills and laws!? That is the only acceptable answer for how this got passed forward. So many things wrong, I can't even get started.

Thankfulness: Lately, I have been in a state of mind where I am looking forward to the next thing, buying time until the next chapter, and I have to keep reminding myself to check back in to the current reality. I saw a quote that really sunk in and I need to live my life by this:

"What if you woke up tomorrow with ONLY the things you thanked God for today?"

And with that, I leave you...powerful isn't it?





No comments:

Post a Comment