Monday, October 10, 2011

26 Week Update

The weeks are literally flying by! We are now at 26 weeks, and I just can't believe it. Pretty soon we will be in the third trimester, wow!
I am currently battling a cold, which just sucks...what I wouldn't do for just one DayQuil! So, I've been trying to get as much rest as possible (ha!) and drinking lots of water. I am going to get a flu shot at my next doctor's appointment on the 2nd of November, so hopefully that will prevent me from getting anything worse.

The baby has been a little more active, and is starting to get some good kicks in. He is the most active around 9:45-Noon. Yesterday he found my ribs, uh oh! Long days are starting to wipe me out more than they were a couple weeks ago. The doctor and various e-mails that I have been getting (pregnancy sites, etc.) have mentioned that I should start getting our birth plan finalized, so I suppose I should start on that! :) All I know right now is that I am not interested in an epidural (at the moment) and I do not want an IV stuck in my arm the entire time (anyone else sense a needle phobia theme?). I wonder if this qualifies as a birth plan?

In other news, Ryan and I went to Julian, California on Sunday to check out their version of Oktoberfest. It is a small town, about an hour and a half south east of Fallbrook. Jordan Frederick (a girl from Odessa going to school in SD) came with us along with one of her friends. It was a BEAUTIFUL day and well worth the curvy mountainous drive out there. It is a cute little town, and was PACKED with people. We had lunch at the Miner's Diner and then got some delicious, famous apple pie. We walked around some of the local shops and then called it a day and came home. It was a nice way to end the weekend.

Ryan and I in Julian, CA

Within the next couple days, Ryan and I will be finalizing our travel plans for Thanksgiving. The plan, as of now, is that we will get into Spokane on Thursday, November 24 (Thanksgiving Day) probably sometime in the later afternoon/evening. I plan on having a Thanksgiving dinner at my parents house in Odessa on Friday and then the Baby Shower will be on Saturday! Invitations for the baby shower will be going out soon, and everyone is more than welcome to join us for both that, and our Thanksgiving dinner on Friday (just let me know so we have enough food)! I might stay until Monday or Tuesday, but Ryan has to leave sometime on Sunday. We are both feeling a little homesick and cannot wait to come home for a couple days. Maybe the cold weather will chock us back into appreciating living in San Diego County a little more :)

No comments:

Post a Comment