Sunday, October 23, 2011




Welcome to the third trimester! HOLY CRAP. We only have 84 more days to go (roughly) and that means a little over 2 1/2 months. If I thought the time was flying by previously, it is going to go even faster now!

This has been a pretty good week for me, I think a lot of that is due to the fact that I started working part-time hours at work. The baby has been a little more active, and his getting some really good kicks in. I am pretty sure that he is using my bladder as a trampoline...The other night, he had a foot or an arm sticking out that I could "feel" which was pretty cool! He is the most active in the middle of the day, from 11-2ish, and then a little bit in the evenings. However, last night, he decided from 3am-4:30am was a great time to move around and keep me awake for a while. I've noticed a tiny bit of swelling in my ankles if I am out and about all day, and I get really tired really fast. I've been sleeping much better, however I wake up every 1 or 2, making it about 6 times per night, which is more annoying than anything else.

This past week I had to bite the bullet and go and get a flu shot and my glucose screening. As everyone knows, I freaking hate needles and have been dreading it for the past few months. BUT the lady who drew my blood was amazing, and didn't have to dig around like everyone else has! Here is a comparison to the last time I had to get my blood drawn...The photo on the left is from the first time, and one on the right is from this week. MUCH better.



I also got my flu shot taken care of, which was pretty cool because I just went to the Albertson's Pharmacy (it was free w/ my insurance) and for getting a flu shot they gave me a $25.00 gift card! Woo hoo, I got PAID to get a shot. That is really how it should be every time.

__________________________________________________

How your baby's growing:

By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of her head to her heels. She can blink her eyes, which now sport lashes. With her eyesight developing, she may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. She's also developing billions of neurons in her brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.

_________________________________________________________

The baby shower invites should be going out soon, but for planning purposes, it will be Saturday, November 26th at 1:00 in the Parish Hall at Christ Lutheran Church in Odessa.

Ryan and I get into Spokane around 5:30 on Thanksgiving Day. We will celebrate Thanksgiving on Friday at my parents house, and everyone is welcome to come! Just let me know in advance so we have enough of everything :)

No comments:

Post a Comment