The surgery will last about 45 minutes, max., if not less. The doctor will go in, make a tiny snip on the tendon, which will allow the tendon to release and stretch so that his foot will have an increased movement and flexibility.
I am very confident with the treatment we will get. Shriners is an amazing hospital, and we are working with the best doctors. In fact, Shriners is one of the leading facilities in the Western United States in treating clubfoot. We couldn't be in better hands. That being said, I am obviously still nervous. I don't want to see my baby uncomfortable, scared or in pain. It is also difficult not having Ryan here, and I know that is hard on him [Ryan] also. So in the meantime, Gavin and I have been playing peek-a-boo with the surgical mask and blue hair net so that when he sees the doctors with them on tomorrow he won't be as scared. This was a suggestion from the nurses at Shriners, how thoughtful is that!?
I will try and put an update on how he did here tomorrow, however it may be spread better through word of mouth until I have time to write another post.
This past week, again, just flew by! On Monday, both Gavin and I were making doctors visits. I have yet another ear infection, and Gavin got his third cast put on. This time, 'Aunty' Sara got to come along! She will be here for a few weeks, Gavin and I are both excited! Another bestie of mine, Sophia, is coming this weekend to holiday in Odessa! (I couldn't resist to say holiday...) And THEN Gavin and I will be heading to Texas, ya'll! I am going to see a good friend that I met down in California at work! Coincidentally her husband is also in the Marines and was sent to Afghanistan just a few months before Ryan. They do not work together and are not on the same base, unfortunately. She also moved to be closer to family while her husband was gone, and we made plans to get together during "our" deployments! I have never been to Texas, and I am beyond excited. I don't even know what to expect, but I told her that I had to get the whole Texas experience! Gavin is also going with me, I got the go ahead from our doctor who said he would be more than fine to go by then (whew! after my mess with Southwest, it would have killed me to have that been for nothing!).
School has started here in Odessa, and I am anxious to finish my application process to substitute teach! I still need to get my fingerprints taken care of, it hasn't worked out every single time I have gone up to Spokane!
Well, I better get to bed, we are in for an EARLY day tomorrow. Here are a few pictures from this week:
Gavin and I took turns wearing the surgical stuff, HAHA!
"Can I knock them over yet, mama?"
"I like to relax and enjoy my bottle. Yes, I am more than capable of holding it myself, but do I? Nope..."
Crazy old man hair!!! YES!



No comments:
Post a Comment