Friday, August 10, 2012

Happy Friday!

This week has flown by! I can't believe that it is already Friday...where has the time gone?

We pretty much lied low this week, however I did make it over to Moses Lake to get some baby things...I also decided that I was going to turn in an application to substitute teach here at the school. I got the needed signatures for that, and now I just need to wait for my transcripts from PLU and to go get my finger prints done. I am pretty excited about it, it seems like it might be the perfect job for me for the time being. The school is in need of subs and sub para pros, so hopefully I will have something to do several times per month (we'll see) but I will still be mostly home and spending time with Gavin...

This is something that has been bothering me....One question people always ask me, is "what do you do all day?" and I think rather than get offended, I am going to ask them to come watch him for the whole day and then they can tell me. Ha! He keeps me so busy. He is such an active baby, he always wants to be moving around doing something, he loves playing but gets bored of toys fast and wants to move on to the next thing. Some days he is really needy and wants me to be by his side or holding him the entire day. Then there are diapers, making bottles, cleaning bottles, feeding him w/o getting food all over my kitchen, laundry (oh the laundry that kid produces!), fighting to get him to sleep...the list goes on and on! Not that I am complaining in one bit, because I love every single second of it, but babies are exhausting and it's not like I just sit around doing nothing all day. There, that is my rant... :)

Gavin has turned into a little clepto. He grabs things that I didn't even think he could reach, or I didn't even know where there! It is like he has a radar for knowing exactly where my phone is at all times. He immediately lunges for it, which generally wouldn't be a problem if the screen wasn't shattered and losing glass shards or if Gavin wasn't drooling a gallon per minute (he would probably drench it so bad it would fry it). He grabs cords and yanks on them, he eats paper that I didn't even know was there. It is insane. He pushes and scoots himself around, but still no crawling yet.

We have our Shriners appointment on Monday. I am very anxious to get this process moving. I don't want him in the casts again, but at the same time I just want it over with! Ugh, poor baby! I wish that everything would have just worked out the first time so we wouldn't have to be doing this all over again! That being said, I am so thankful that it is such a "minor" problem in the big scheme of things and I know that things could be SO much worse. It's been great hearing from so many other people that have had the same problem that I would have never known! I guess my cousin had a similar issue and a lady from our church's son was also in the boots for a while. It makes me feel a lot better because both of their sons have lived completely active athletic lives and I would have never known that they had club feet/issues with their feet. 

We were able to talk with Ryan this morning, and he is doing good. He said that a lot of the guys have gotten sick this past week and he is nervous about getting it also. He also mentioned that they just had a day that was under 100 degrees and that it was amazing! They are working on new projects so that has been a nice change of pace for them. Other than that, not a whole lot to report on.

I took some pictures of Gavin the other day, he was being so cute playing with some of the hats that we found around the house, so I couldn't resist...

Have a great weekend!

 Our sweet baby.

 Baby toes! I love his little/HUGE feet :)

 Go Seahawks!! 
 Marines are called Devil Dogs, so I have named him Devil Puppy
 Little biscuits.
 Such a happy boy!
 ...Most of the time :) Everyone asks me if he ever cries, so here is proof of a little "tantrum" he was having the other day! He gets VERY dramatic when he cries, it's hard not to laugh.
 It was a meeting of the minds. They were discussing the numbers that came in at the end of the Fiscal Year and I could tell Gavin was not happy. Just moments after this, he gave Mr. Bear quite the reaming.
I tried to get a good photo, but he was sporting his CWU gear from Uncle Chris and Aunt Amber. He was not letting me take a picture though, he kept screaming, "leave Britney alone!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment