Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Whirlwind Weekend.

Whew! What.A.Week!!!!

This past weekend, I had a very dear friend, Sadie, whom I went to elementary school and jr. high with come visit Gavin and I. She has two little boys, Hunter and James (Jimmy or JP) who are 3 and 2. To say that they are high energy would be an understatement! (Right, Sadie?!?!) They are the cutest, sweetest boys though!!! Sadie and her family live in Missoula and we are finally within a decent driving distance to visit each other which is so nice.

We took the boys to the park and then to Lake Roosevelt, and hung out at Porcupine Bay. Hunter and Jimmy were a little nervous about the water, and in the end, Hunter wanted nothing to do with it and Jimmy was jumping off the dock like a pro!! It was a really fun, and HOT day. We did a few boat rides and then chillaxed in the shade at the park. Sadie's sister, Kile, recently got a job in Davenport and her and her husband, Chris, were able to make it to the river as well! I can honestly tell you that I am exhausted! I had so much fun chasing after the boys all weekend, but I sure am pooped!

It was awesome to catch up on each other's lives and we downed a few bottles of wine throughout the weekend...after the kids were asleep of course!

Gavin also had his second appointment at Shriners on Monday. This time he was a little more squirmy than he has been, though not in a bad way because he was uncomfortable, he just wanted to look around at everything in the casting room. The doctor will most likely be able to decide next week about a surgery date. He was happy with the progress of Gavin's foot and said everything is going great. I am just so pleased with our doctor this time around, and that seriously makes a world of difference.

Ryan is doing well. He has had some extra assignments such as guard duty these past few days so he is pretty tired I can imagine. With all the commotion this past week I haven't been able to have a good conversation with him, so I am very much looking forward to things slowing down so I can talk with him! Wow. I just looked at the date, and realized that we are officially at the two month mark. That feels both amazing and horrible! I've been trying to keep myself busy, which I have, but now I am just exhausted and it still feels like the time is crawling. Two months down, five more to go! We. Can. Do. This!

Here a few photos from the weekend!

 Remember this photo?? Oh he got it. Even his foot can get the turtle :)
 Look at this sweet baby. Amazingly enough he looks so much like a Nordrum (my mom's side) but NOTHING like me. DARN IT! hahaha
 Sadie's two little boys, Jim and Hunter...Hey, Sadie, here is proof they were both in bed at the same time! Even if it was only long enough for a picture.
 Jim and his ADORABLE hat. 
 He also wanted me to get a picture of him with the kitchen tongs...haha!
 I got a new haircut! I am pretty happy with it. Also, I had just eaten a popsicle, so my teeth were red...
I absolutely love this picture. I stopped at Jay and Kathy's on our way home from Spokane and we sat outside for a little bit. The sky was beautiful and I snapped this pic of Gampa Jay and Gavin "flying" which is something Gavin loves right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment