Greetings from the sick house...
Gavin and I both caught the cold bug that must be floating around Odessa. It was caused for quite the interesting night last night. I noticed that Gavin was getting a little stuffy nose so I attempted to set up the humidifer, I of course did this in the dark so I couldn't see anything and just hoped that I set it to a high enough setting. I went to bed and woke up in the wee hours of the morning with a really sore throat. And then...
Twas the night before tonight, when all through the house
Not a creature was breathing well, except maybe a mouse.
The dishes were in the sink, unwashed like I care,
In hopes that the dish fairy would soon be there.
The baby was nestled all snug in his bead,
While the mist from the humidifier surrounded his head.
And mama in her sweats, coming down with this cold crap,
Was just putting away Pinterest for a long winter's nap.
When over the baby monitor arose such a clatter,
I sprung from the bed to see what was the matter.
Tripping over cords, I flew like a flash,
Falling into the nursery with quiet a crash.
The moon shown through the shutters, bright to see the smoke alarm,
Was chirping so loud, to get the battery out I threw out my arm.
When, when I finally the alarm was off, the baby would appear,
To not even stir, even though now I could hardly even hear.
I surveyed the room to see what caused the whistle,
And decided it was the mist from the humidifier to cause all the alarm to sound like a missile.
But I decided to be safe, to move the baby to my bed so he'd be in my sight,
So the baby could sleep the night all, and me not at all though I tried with all my might.
___________
Well, in other news...Gavin and I will be moving down to California on December 11th! We have our house reserved and I sign the lease on December 13th! My dad is going to drive down with me, help me move in and then fly home. I am *hoping* that we can find someone to help us get out bigger furniture out of storage!
Alrighty, that's is all I have for today, folks!
HAHA! Love the poem though I hate to hear you were sick :( Good luck with the move! Come back soon!
ReplyDelete