We had our latest baby check-up today with our midwife. I think I like her more and more every time I see her! Gavin and I were at this appointment and it was nice and short! We have to go back in for another ultrasound because the baby was moving too much to get a really clear picture of the spine, but the radiology tech said that there were no abnormalities, I think they just want to be 100% sure, which I appreciate.
PRAISE THE LORD my blood pressure has been normal the last couple times I have gone! I KNEW it wasn't me having high blood pressure as a medical problem, it is just my anxiety about being in a doctors office. I was very happy about that today! The midwife also made a comment on how I hadn't gained any weight (HA!) but that the baby was still growing so at this point it's nothing to be concerned about. Uhm. I look like a balloon, how is that even possible?! The baby is a VERY active one, the heart beat was 160, and was flipping around while we were listening in.
I had expressed some questions about having a natural delivery, after having had a C-Section, and I was curious if I would be pressured into having an epidural right away just in case I would have to have an emergency c-section (1% chance due to rupture of the uterine lining from cesearean scaring) and she said that they can usually put them in pretty fast so if I wanted to try it drug free I could. I told her obviously I hadn't personally experienced contractions yet and was leaving my option to demand an epidural at anytime but I wanted to attempt it. She said I would really have to practice. She said to do meditated breathing (HIPPY, but I'll still probably give it a try) and then to hold ice cubes in my hands for small amounts of times and to breathe through the pain of the cold. I thought that was interesting. Can you imagine Ryan coming down to our living room one night to find me meditating, holding ice cubes and breathing through freezing pain? I'm gonna make sure it happens.
That was about all the excitement from today! I wish I had some pictures to upload, but unfortunately I do not, sorry!
No comments:
Post a Comment