Thursday, October 3, 2013

Quick Picture Post..more to come, check back for update.

Several months ago we purchased tickets to go Blue Whale watching down here in San Diego, out of Mission Bay. We decided to wait until my parents were down here so we wouldn't have to pay for a baby sitter for an entire day, got to save the money some how, haha!

The tour was three hours long (yes I did have the theme to Gilligan's Island stuck in my head) and I would estimate we went about 10-15 miles off the coast of San Diego. We could still see land easily, and it didn't take us too long to get where we eventually spotted the whales.

In total we saw about 10 blue whales and 2-3 gray whales. It was so cool! We weren't able to get extremely close, but when an animal is that big, being 100 yards away is more than ok with me! There is no way that words or photos could do it justice. Seeing those whales was incredible and definitely crossed an item off of my checklist. I never thought I would be able to see the biggest animal in the world in my lifetime. I love it!

 

These are a few photos from our trip up in Odessa and our road trip back down to California. We were able to drive with my parents in their motor home from Washington to San Diego. We took highway 395 which went through the Tri-Cities and then down Eastern/Central Oregon and down the Eastern part of California. It was gorgeous! It actually didn't take that much time in comparison especially for all the windy mountain roads we drove on. Once we got to Reno, we cut across California to get back to I-5 and connected in Sacramento. We were able to see our cousins and finally meet their daughter who is only a few months younger than Gavin. She is also pregnant again, and we are two weeks apart with our pregnancies. We know how to plan things in our family, haha!


Our new little neice, Alma Joan. She is so precious!! I loved getting to hold and snuggle her! It is crazy how fast they grow up, I felt like a newbie all over again holding her in comparison to Gavin. I have to retrain my newborn mommy skills!!

No comments:

Post a Comment