Another quick little update on Gavin! He is doing great!! Most nights he sleeps so well, and is only up once or twice. He wakes up every 3 to 4 hours to eat and goes right back to sleep. Currently he is on formula, however I pump to supplement with breast milk and plan on switching to breastfeeding exclusively, which I will start tonight.
He rarely cries, only when he gets gas bubbles, which I believe is from the formula, which makes me that much more anxious to get him off of it! Overall he is a perfect little guy who LOVES to snuggle! In fact, he is fast asleep on my chest right now as I write this! I love holding him when he sleeps, it's the best feeling in the world. We really need to start getting him used to sleeping in his bassinet though, especially for once Ryan goes back to work; I don't mind staying up with him during the night to hold him (in fact I kind of love it) but I won't have someone to watch him while I sleep in the morning. When it comes to him sleeping in the bassinet, I'm not sure who it's harder on, me or Gavin...probably me.
My parents came down on Monday of this week, and have been helping out Ryan and I. It's been awesome to have them here. They've been spoiling Gavin and giving him endless snuggles. I didn't really know how my recovery was going to go after surgery, and it's nice to know you have help if you need it. My freezer is getting full with my mom's delicious cooking and I haven't had to touch the stove, dishes or laundry since I have been home, how awesome is that!?
Gavin makes the funniest faces! When he is sleeping he is so animated, he definitely gets that from Ryan. I could just watch him all day...and I do! There is this one face he makes when he stretches out while he is sleeping that is my favorite! I want to catch it on camera so I can show you...it is this semi-pouty but yet totally satisfied face, it is the cutest thing ever! He is also a little more alert when he is awake, and stays awake for a little bit longer each day, it's been to watch him take in his surroundings!
No comments:
Post a Comment